I have this for breakfast almost everyday. It’s the perfect balance of protein, healthy fat and slow digesting carbohydrate to fuel me through busy mornings. And it’s fast once you get the logistics down to achieve maximum efficiency – takes me less than 10 min to make and 2 min to devour its full glory.
Theres a lot of variation of this on the inter web but the basics are straight forward. I love hot sauce so if I could put siracha on everything I would. The key to create a sunny side up egg with runny yolk is to start in a cold pan.
- salt and pepper to taste
- any spice you like (lime juice, siracha sauce and pepper are my choice)
- drop egg in cold oiled pan, turn on heat and season top with salt/pepper (1 min)
- pop toast in toaster (and heat water if you fancy morning tea like me) (1 min)
- put half a avocado, lime juice, siracha, pepper in a bowl and mash with fork (3 min)
- assemble: avocado spread on toast and top with sunny side up egg (2 min)
- and you have time to spare for steeping tea