Baking is the bane of my existence, especially when i’m trying to make random things with whatever I have in my pantry. These actually turned out ok.
I’m off on staycation this week. After a few more failed attempts at baking, here’s the result. Using coconut oil instead of butter gives a lovely coconut aroma to the cookies, which may or may not sit well depending on your coconut affinity (mine maxes out the scale).
- flour, 1 cup
- coconut oil, ¼ cup
- sugar, ¼ cup
- matcha, 2 tbsp
- egg, 1
- black sesame, 1 tbsp
- preheat oven to 350
- mix melted coconut oil, sugar
- add well sifted dry ingredients (matcha powder, flour) to mix
- add beaten egg and black sesame
- shape into a log and freeze for 10 min
- cut into rounds and bake for 25-30 min
- let cool and enjoy (i sprinkled mine with some matcha powder)