We have been pulling 11 hour days at work for the past few weeks. I figured I’d whip up a sweet treat in the kitchen to help boost team morale! After reviewing numerous recipes for shortbread cookies on the internet, the simplest one i saw turned out perfect.
These shortbread cookies are crumbly and melt in your mouth. The dark chocolate complements the richness of the matcha. I chose to top mine with toasted coconut leftover from baking a cake, but nuts are a good alternative. I had some trouble rolling it into a perfect log so some of my cookies are not perfectly shaped but they tasted just as good. My dear colleagues devoured these treats. Consider morale boosted! 1.5 weeks to go until end of the academic year.
- all purpose flour, 1 cup
- matcha powder, 1 tbsp
- butter, 1 stick
- powdered sugar, ¼ cup
- salt, 1 pinch
- dark chocolate, 50 g
- pre-heat oven to 350
- cream room temperature butter with powdered sugar until fluffy
- sift in four, salt and matcha powder and mix with spatula into a dough
- form into a log and freeze for 15 min
- cut into 18 pieces and bake for 15 min or until slightly golden in the edges, let cool
- melt dark chocolate in microwave in 15s intervals
- dip cookies, let solidify and enjoy